Monday, October 27, 2008

Substance, Existance and Econoomies of Scale

So I've been spending quite a bit of time thinking on substance and from there existence, since as a fact if we are here we are after all existing. Then I went into economies of scale why I'm not sure but after all it is the polar of substance but very entangled within our modern existence. So is substance really possible in its original form? Could any one o us really live sustainably in our environment upon our surroundings. I think very few of us could. I know that I could not possibly pull it off therefore I exist in my soundings. I think our move from substance to economies of scale has greatly removed us from the natural and therefore the supernatural. As I sit here typing on my cheap foreign made computer I think how differently we are connected to our machines than the substance and survival of every other living thing in the world around us, and therefore differently connected to our reality than theirs. Is this where we lost our view of the super natural, quite maybe. Maybe not maybe we just drifted away from the world we live in like a long and estranged marriage. Is it possible that this discord is why we are in the shape we are in nationally? I doubt it probably more the economies of scale especially when we tried to lend money like Wal-Mart sells cheep Chinese plastic crap and then just sole off the bad debt to others and ultimately the taxpayer. So it wasn't the separation from the substance that led us to this point but the economies of scale that rose from the separation form the daily struggle to exist that we call substance that led us to this point. So where will we go from here back to the small substance farming that we founded our country, hunting and gathering clans of the past or to bigger subsidized economies of scale feeding us crappy food and cheep corn sugar to further our "existence" and a deeper dependence on synthetic glucose monitoring drugs.
Hopefully somewhere in the middle, for all of us. Wow that was out there not where I wanted to go when I started but a trip nonetheless.

No comments: