Thursday, October 30, 2008

Global Warming? Small World and...




A few of today's short thoughts. Global warming is apparently just an environmental phenomenon and not a a sociological phenomenon. While our environment is getting warmer I'm certain our society is not. Every time we see colder tones in our politics and society. An obvious one in the greedy bankers with golden parachutes unconcerned with the public that they made loans to just to benefit their bottom line with no regard for how they were going to pay for such amenities a pay grade above their earnings. What was the bankers' reward one hell of a severance when they lost their job for destroying several young American families short term dream of home owner ship. What did the young and inexperienced buyer get oh some food stamps, a stimulus check and a very inadequate bailout directed to the banker who talked them into a house they could not afford just to build his retirement they he jeopardized with the very loans giving him that retirement--oh well we will all bail them all out and "us" in the process. Yeah global warming is not sociological our society just gets greedier and colder while our environment gets warmed and a little more borderline.

On a positive note their still are great people in this world that have individual warmth you all hopefully know who you are. I happened to run into an old neighbor from a couple hundred miles away and several years just a few blocks down the street...neighbors again at least for a short time. It is interesting how a small world it is. At least the encounter was good for a short chat and some memories. Made my day in reflection. It is good to see the warmth in others and see glimmers of humanity from day to day so that is good.

One more note. I was reflecting today on how my parents raised me to appreciate nature and the world around me. I think this was purposeful, if not one well orchestrated accident that turned out to a frailly good report, depend in on the angle of observation. I digress though. This I also think helped me teach them more about what they taught me to observe and enjoy. Mom was texting me pictures of the pine cones from the trees we planted so many years ago they grew, we grew to appreciate them. I wonder if they appreciate our growth as much as we do theirs. That work has brought something into our lives so many years later even if small, it is appreciable. The circle lives all around us if we pause to soak it.

Beauty and warmth is in small places and wonderful people everywhere!

Maybe with a little more sociological warming and environmental appreciation we can all feel home...I just want to feel home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Home. I think you will be. I like being home. I like to visit our childhood home, but funny how I feel more home where I'm at. I like my house, but more, I like how I am here and the hope I have for the future here. I enjoy the projects and I like speculating about my current job and where my career will take me. There are good days...